cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdachd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,842
Message 1 of 3

My Thinkpad yoga 14 is stuck on mute. I googled fixes but they all don't work(been at this for week)

My Thinkpad s3 Yoga 14 laptop stuck on mute. The soundbar to the right displays mute and the soundbar itself won't go away. On startup the mute LED light keeps flickering. The laptop lags and I have to go to task manager to End the processes "Thinkpad Message Client Loader" and and "Thinkpad message Receiver for Shortcut Hot Keys" for the the laptop to stop lagging (CPU is 100% on startup for some reason which may account for the reason of lagging). I have updated every driver with Driver Easy and Lenovo System Update. I have tried disabling then renabling and rolling back audio drivers but to no avail. I even uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers. I have also gone to volume mixer, playback devices and recording devices but according to it the speaker works fine. I tried adjusting the volume in volume mixer but it keeps coming back down just as always. 

The main problem is that the sound is stuck on mute and I just want it resolved. I have gone through days searching through Lenovo forums on what to do.
abdachd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,796
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Thinkpad yoga 14 is stuck on mute. I googled fixes but they all don't work(been at this for w

Update:
Since my laptop is touch screen, I tried holding volume increase on the Fn hotkeys and the computer stopped lagging and I didn't have to end tasks on CPU but as soon as I let go the CPU fills up.
Could the volume rocker basically be a problem?.
How do I check if it is the problem
abdachd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,749
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Thinkpad yoga 14 is stuck on mute. I googled fixes but they all don't work(been at this for w

I gave my laptop to a cheap repairer and found out that the volume buttons short cicuited or got ruined. I took the volume buttons off from the inside. I cant control the volume through the volume rocker but the problem went away. My laptop now runs smooth and I can change the volume using the FN keys or using the mouse on Sounds.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors