Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguastaferro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 712
Message 1 of 3

My YOGA, does not recognize the external monitor

I have a Lenovo YOGA Think Pad that runs Windows8.1 (64 Bits) and I recently purchased an ULTRAWIDE LG Monitor (Mod. 25UM58-P) and my YOGA does not recognize it. I am connecting the monitor via de HDMI mini port of my YOGA to the HDMI input port in the monitor.

The monitor itself works just fine with other laptops at home, and my YOGA laptop, displays just fine to other monitors I have at home, such as the TV's,.

Why I can't make it to display in the external monitor?

Can anyone please help me connect this two devices?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 679
Message 2 of 3

Re: My YOGA, does not recognize the external monitor

How are you switching to the external display?  What does windows say in under display settings/display/multiple displays?  (right-click the desktop)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rguastaferro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 676
Message 3 of 3

Re: My YOGA, does not recognize the external monitor

I try to switch by right clicking the desktop, but no changes happen.

The mouse becomes extremely slow and when I switch to display, it does not respond.

Right clicking the desktop and choosing Resolution, and it doesn't recognize the monitor.

For example now I am displaying to my TV and when I right click the desktop and choose Resolution, it recognizes a new monitor (SAMSUNG) and I can select either one to display or use as extended desktop or only display in the second monitor (TV), etc, but when I connect the LG ULTRAWIDE Monitor, it doesn;t show up nothing, no name, no new monitor, nothing.

I've attached a capture to show that it works with other monitors, but it doesn't works with the LG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors