Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maha0101
What's DOS?
Views: 892
Message 1 of 3

New SSD on Yoga 260 20FD

Hi out there,

is it possible to upgrade a Yoga 260 (20FD001WMZ) with a new 500GB Samsung 970 evo/pro/evo plus or with a Samsung 860 evo/pro m.2 SSD?

Thanks for help!

regards, mark

PS: is it nescessary to make an BIOS update therefore?

Guru
Views: 858
Message 2 of 3

Re: New SSD on Yoga 260 20FD

Hi there!

The ThinkPad Yoga 260 supports M.2 SATA or PCIe NVMe SSDs.

info.JPG

So the 500GB Samsung 970 Evo/Pro/Evo Plus will all work because they are M.2 2280 SATA or PCIe SSDs. 

There shouldn't be a need to update the BIOS as it should just boot to the M.2 drive by default. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ekisukmars
Fanfold Paper
Views: 634
Message 3 of 3

Re: New SSD on Yoga 260 20FD

Hi, I have question,

before you change the SSD  do you have error on your pc ? Because lot of people have problem "Black screen when powering up, and must hardreset" 

Can u give us information ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors