Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-01-2015

USA

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 9

New ThinkPad Yoga 15 has extremely delayed response time even offline

2015-12-01, 3:55 AM

The laptop came with Windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, 8 GB ram, i-5 2.2 ghz...

My intel drivers and whatnot are updated, but everything I do on here is still delayed and choppy. I really don't think it's my internet connection because even something as simple as typing in the search bar in the bottom left is extremely delayed. I even disconnectted from my WiFi and simply tried highlighting a random space on the start screen, but it didn't actually highlight anything until a few seconds later. The only steam game I've purchased so far, a very basic one (FNaF) ,is far too choppy to play but my brother's 4 year old sub 2.0 ghz laptop runs it just fine. I'm lucky if I can watch a 480p youtube video without the video itself playing, like a choppy slideshow, and the audio going along just fine (so it's not buffering or anything, just the video is choppy). I only have the one steam game and have no other big downloads, there's no shortage of memory.

I've been trying to make it run without this  choppiness or delay since I got the laptop a few weeks ago but to no real progress. If it helps, I notice the delay is the worst when it's accompanied by my laptop getting somewhat loud as if it's working really hard, even when I'm offline hardly doing anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks.

Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Views: 32413
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: New ThinkPad Yoga 15 has extremely delayed response time even offline

2015-12-01, 15:35 PM

Hi

Can you try to check on Windows if there is any process that is hogging yout CPU or Memory ? Try the Task Manager on the Ctrl+alt+del menu.

Also, check the Windows Update process and see if you have all the patches installed or if there is something on progress there, sometime Windows gets un-responsive when it is a big patch installing.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2015

USA

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2015-12-02, 0:22 AM

Thanks for the response. 

Windows 10 did, in fact, need an update. The ghz according to the CPU section of task manager before the update was around .77 ghz, fluctuating to a bit more at times. This is sad considering the max is 2.2 ghz. It's still .77 roughly after the update.

I'm not sure what to make of what is or isn't hogging the CPU or memory.  I don't want to delete or end any important processes. It seems like the memory is a lot for a new laptop, but I'm not incredibly tech savvy, hence why I'm asking for help.

According to the performance section of my task manager,  CPU is at 2-4 percent. Again, roughly .77 ghz. The memory is at 3.1 GB out of 7.9 (39%). That seems high considering I haven't really downloaded much of anything. I originally thought maybe I got some unwanted background ads and processes from installing Google Chrome, but even after I uninstalled Chrome there wasn't much difference. 

Again, 39% memory seems like a lot but I'm really not sure what processes to end. Or maybe 39% used is normal. I'm really not sure what it could be.

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2015

USA

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2015-12-02, 3:09 AM

Also, according to the task manager I have 151 processes, 1876 threads, and 56,126 handles. Not sure if that's a relatively normal amount of if thay may be a lot and is part of the problem

Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2015-12-03, 2:02 AM

Hi

From what you told me it seems that the processor and memory are running normally.

I don't have much idea of what can be wrong, maybe you can check more Windows 10 specific support forum.

The other thing that may came into my mind is to try to update the drivers on your machine, I always try this order.

- Windows Update

- Lenovo System Update

- Install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion.

- Check on Lenovo Support site the driver for you model.

After that I also try the non-supported by Lenovo way to update drivers like:

- Using Intel driver update utility or even using DriverEasy.

I'm sorry I can not help you much on this.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2015

USA

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2015-12-03, 2:08 AM
I'll try those steps.

And it's alright, thanks for the suggestions anyway, hopefully it works out
Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2015-12-09, 22:41 PM

Hi

I'm not sure about this, but just checking a video about TP Yoga and Wacom Pen the lady on the video recommend installing the Wacom Feel Driver.

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

I will try that out too.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton

Options

10652 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32869 Signins

1222705 Page Views

• Views: 1222705
  • Message 8 of 9

2015-12-10, 0:21 AM

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

6 Posts

12-01-2015

USA

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2015-12-14, 2:35 AM
So, I found there to be malicious adware, I figured this was the problem and after some research I managed to uninstall it successfully. Still the same issues. I did a factory reset, same issues....

Luckily it's still within 90 days of purchasing. Because it's been nothing but probems I've decided to return it for a refund. I'm going to try my luck with another brand, perhaps HP.

I do really appreciate your assistance though, I think it's just a problem with the yoga 15 series, out of our control. Thanks again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms