Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SM05
Punch Card
Views: 831
Message 1 of 7

New Thinkpad Yoga 260 rattle

Got Thinkpad Yoga 260 delivered today. Haven't turned it on yet and was checking it out. Lifting it up and slightly shaking produces rattling noice around the right hand side hinge. It's either hinge itself making that sound or inside the laptop around top right corner. Any ideas on what that might be and how to possibly fix it? Should I just consider sending it back to get fixed instead? Thanks.

Edit: I suspect it could actually be a right bottom corner of the LCD right over Yoga 260 imprint where the rattle is. There is nothing I can do to fix that. So much for a brand new laptop...

SM05
Punch Card
Views: 810
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Thinkpad Yoga 260 rattle

Looks like it'll need to be replaced instead of repaired. At least I'm not stuck with it. Seems like a QA issue to me.

SM05
Punch Card
Views: 760
Message 3 of 7

Got new 260 delivered earlier today. Much better than the 1st one. Old one I couldn't open the screen w/o it rattling. New one is way better but a similar issue is still there though, ie it rattles moving the laptop up and down, similar to lifting it up off the desk for instance. As I said it's not as bad as before and something I might consider "living with". Makes me wonder if this is a "design feature".

Here's a short video from earlier today. Notice that I tested it a bit more delicatelly mid way through and that had stopped the rattle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FslP3VyCxKI

What do you all think? For those of you who do have the device, would you mind testing it too and report your findings please?

If someone from Lenovo reading this could you tell if this is normal or not? Seems odd that 2 brand new units would exhibit this behaviour.

Thanks.

SM05
Punch Card
Views: 707
Message 4 of 7

Sent the 2nd unit back last week as well. 2 brand new units exhibited the same exact behaviour. Odds of that are very high, unless it's a consitent production or design defect. Has anyone else seen this before? Could anybody from Lenovo comment on that? Thanks.

Highlighted
SM05
Punch Card
Views: 642
Message 5 of 7

Got unit #3 delivered today. So far so good. Moderate shake causes no audible rattle. Vigorous shake produces very minor creaks coming from the right hinge area. Since the later kind of outside of normal usage pattern I'm totally fine with it as is. Smiley Happy I hope it stays that way while I continue testing the new laptop. Liking it so far though.

KMohan
What's DOS?
Views: 551
Message 6 of 7

Yes, I have noticed the same QA build issue on the Yoga 260 i received brand new. Not just that, i was a bit more unfortunate to find even more QA issue than usual, i am got my unit replaced several times. I have sent lenovo support all details of the all replacements and requested to ensure next build of replacement is Quality Assured 100%. Too bad Yoga 260 is a great machine, only thing i have had trouble is lack of better QA on the units i received. I hope this time will be the last time i ever have to do a return n replacement.

damshaw
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 7 of 7

I have the exact same problem with a Yogo 460. Very annoying rattling in the bottom right of the screen.

I emailed Lenovo a month ago and never heard back from them. 

You would expect better from a premium laptop at premium prices.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors