Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scaramanga_WA
Not applicable
Views: 357
Message 1 of 1

New Thinkpad Yoga 370 in hand!

I received my CTO Yogo 370 last night via UPS, and I could not be more pleased.  I haven't had a Thinkpad in several years and the quality has clearly held up since the pre-2005 sale w/ IBM.  Although the build / ship took just about as long as Lenovo said it would, their order status system / process between China & North Carolina leaves a lot to be desired.   The folks in NC are very pleasant, but clearly have no control over what happens in Hong Kong and are working from some really old data every day.

About the machine though, some things are different, some things are the same, but overall I'm very impressed.

The keyboard definitely has a different feel, there is less actuation pressure to strike a key but it's not unplesant.

The track pad is the usual IBM / Lenovo unit and I'm getting used to using one again after 8 years on a Mac.  I like it better than carrying a mouse around for sure.

With mid-grade specs, (Core i5, 8Gig, 128GB Sata 3 SSD) the machine is very quick for general MS Office work and web browsing.

I spent a couple of hours setting up Windows 10 and although we use it at work the bit that took the longest to get right was the start menu, the menu kept crashing on me when I resized an icon, and resetting to defaults but after a few tries it's working fine.

The whole family is amazed with the Yoga hinge and the lift & lock keyboard.

The PC shipped remarkably free of bloatware, just a couple of pre-installed game headers that I deleted, licenced my copy of Office 365 and off I went.  Fantastic.

I haven't tried Edge much after hearing so many horror stories about it, skipped straight to Chrome and looked away. 

My old iPad Air 2 is on it's way back for trade-in today, so happy to be using full versions of Office apps, a bigger screen and full blown windows now.

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors