Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve-cc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,104
Message 1 of 3

Problem running Chaos Intellect CRM Software on Levovo ThinkPad Yoga S1

I have been using Chaos Intellect by Chaos Software for over a year now.  I have used it on XP machines and lately on Windows 8 on a MS Surface,  It worked fine. 

On my new Thinkpad Yoga S1 it works fine except - for one problem:  If I go to the notes tab on any record- Tasks, Contacts, Appointments or emails the program stops responding. Since notes is a feature that I use a lot this is a real problem.

No matter how long I wait it stays frozen.  The only thing I can do is go to the Task Manager, which shows not responding -  and end the task.  I can then restart Intellect and it runs fine until I hit any of the notes tabs - ad-infinitum. 

I talked to Customer support at Chaos Software.  They were very responsive.  They had me delete the configuration file, try a new empty database and run Malwarebytes.  No malware was found and none of this changed the results.

I posted on the Microsoft Forum and one of their Software engineers had me try a few things

• perform clean boot
  •  uninstall and re-install Chaos Software

The conversation s here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/chaos-intellect-freezes-ever...

The program is available as a free trial here - http://www.chaossoftware.com/programs/intellect4/intellectsetup.exe

I'd love to hear if others can replicate this.  Chaos Suppport says that the program runs fine on other Windows 8.1 machines but they do not have a Yoga table to test on.

I am  stuck and am looking for ideas.  Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks

Steve

steve-cc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,080
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem running Chaos Intellect CRM Software on Levovo ThinkPad Yoga S1

BTT

steve-cc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,060
Message 3 of 3