Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ambizh
What's DOS?
Views: 3,020
Message 1 of 4

Problem with bluetooth

Hi everyone,
I've spent the whole afternoon to find a solution for this, no success.
I connected my Bose QC35 to my Thinkpad Yoga 12, but the sound quality is horrible, and I'm hearing the environment, which should not be the case because of Noise Cancelling. It works fine with other Bluetooth devices, and conenction between phone and QC35 is working as well. Tried several drivers and restarts.

The strange thing is, it has been working until today, I don't know what happened.

Thanks for any help

Guru
Views: 2,980
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with bluetooth

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The Bose QC35 wireless headphones looks very cool, it is sad that I do not have one to test it out.  I don't have much clue about, what I will try in your case is:

1) Try using the Bose QC35 wireless headphones on a different Windows machine. Check if you have a different result, or if it also sounds bad.

2) It seems that BOSE has some special software for that device.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/over_ear_headphones_support/quietcomfort-35-wireless.htm...

There is a Bose Updater for Bluetooth.

http://btu.bose.com/#section=eula

Maybe you can give it a try.

3) My last idea will be updating the Bluetooth device driver on the Thinkpad. I would try first "Lenovo Companion" and check for updates just in case there is a newer bluetooth driver there.

Sorry that it is "trial and error", but it might give you some hints.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Ambizh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,968
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your help!
I don't have the option of testing them on another Windows machine at the moment, but I will try it the next days.

The headphone's driver is up to date and neither Lenovo nor Intel Updater find a newer bluetooth driver.
I'm starting to get desperate, let's see if Bose support can help...

They write be sure the device's a2dp bluetooth protocol is enabled. when pairing/connecting the device, the a2dp stereo audio needs to be active to assure high-quality audio is sent to the headset. if the  signal is sent to the headset using the headset profile (hsp) or hands-free profile (hfp), sound quality will be low and/or poor.

In the audio settings, the Bose are shown as hands-free (hfp) and I can switch to stereo headset (hsp) (which doesn't make a difference in sound quality), maybe that is my problem. But I don't know if there's a way to change the profile to a2dp, Google wasn't helpful.

Ambizh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,965
Message 4 of 4

Omg I found a way to change the profile in the device settings, and it works!  It seems like the volume is a bit lower than before, but I guess that should do it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors