ES

3 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

Problem with left click on ALPS Touchpad

2016-04-03, 18:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Thinkpad Yoga 14 S3 and I have an issue with the ALPS touchpad.

Whenever I click the touchpad (physical click not tap) with a finger on it, it opens the right click menu...

This is very annoying as I always use two finger, one for moving the cursor around and one for clicking.

I have the lastest touchpad driver (8.216.1616.137) and I am on windows 10.

I tried any possible solution I could think of with no luck:

- Went through the touchpad option thousand times.

- Tried changing entries in Regedit (change Enable2Click to 0), and what it did was that is now does not recognize it as a right click, but not as a left click either. When I click with the finger on the touchpad, the cursor now jumps but does not register any click.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance

Pierre

Options

2 Posts

04-06-2016

BE

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with left click on ALPS Touchpad

2016-04-06, 15:11 PM

I have exactly the same problem on my Thinkpad E460! This almost makes my laptop unusable. Please update this driver asap Lenovo.

P.S. If you uninstall the ALPS driver and use the standard Windows PS2/Mouse driver, this problem does not occur. However there is no setting (at least I did not find one) which allows you to disable 2 click. Also scrolling and gestures do not work with the Windows PS2/Mouse driver.

Options

2 Posts

04-06-2016

BE

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with left click on ALPS Touchpad

2016-04-07, 17:27 PM

I just solved the issue. I installed the Toshiba ALPS drivers from here: http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4008692

Do not uninstall the Lenovo Driver because Windows Update will reinstall it. After installing the Toshiba driver, go to the Device Manager and choose install driver from Disk - choose the Toshiba driver and select Alps Pointing Device.

Works like a charm now!

Sadly I also have this problem: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E460-Keys-repeating-when-pressed-for-3-seconds/td-p/2257788/page/2

This laptop is a nightmare after my Yoga 13. I think I will not go Lenovo again in our company.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete