Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 646
Message 1 of 3

RAM and HDD Upgrades Questions

Hello.

1. Can I put the Kingston HyperX Impact module in my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e?

2. What specs should I look for when upgrading the Hard Drive? This one seems smaller than the ones in my older units.

3. Once I replace the Hard Drive, how do I get the OS on it, since the computer didn't have any disks in the box?

Thanks so much.

kingston ram.PNGlenovo info.PNG

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 620
Message 2 of 3

Re: RAM and HDD Upgrades Questions

Hello and welcome,

I don't have one of those, but I'll try to get you started.  Please double check what I post before making any purchase decisions.

1) Maybe.  There are four generations of the TP Yoga 13e.  Some had soldered RAM and some had sockets.  The 1st gen could have either, depending on exact MT-M.

2) Same story.  1st two generations seem to have 2.5" 7mm hard drives.  Other gens could have either eMMC or M.2 SSD storage.

3) You can make your own recovery media and use it to install the OS to a new drive - if your is actually replaceable.  Guessing at Win 8.1 or 10 so:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht076024

It might be best to figure out exactly what generation and Machine Type-Model before going any further.  Try this link.  You may have to hit the "withdrawn products" button.  http://psref.lenovo.com/

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

KarenMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 613
Message 3 of 3

Re: RAM and HDD Upgrades Questions

The RAM module is removable, I had the case open. It's a single socket, 8GB Max, there is 4GB in there already. The reason I ask about the Kingston HyperX is because when i use ram matching apps, I get value selections from any manufacturer I try. The HyperX is a step up so I wanted to be sure that, even though the specs match, it is compatible before I purchase it.

Same goes for the HDD. It is replaceable, I just want to make sure that I get the right one. I don't believe that all and any SSD will fit and work in here. 

I purchased it from here...

http://tinyurl.com/md5gfkk

And here is more system info:

lenovo info more.PNG 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors