Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worm6226
Paper Tape
Views: 632
Message 151 of 157

Re: Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 - Random shut offs when not plugged in

Thank you Wolveshowl.  This was very helpful and encouraging.  It took me a while to find the time and someone I trusted to help me with the soldering as I don't trust my skills on such small parts.  We did as you suggested and found the battery disconnect switch and soldered the connections and all seems to be working as it should now.  It is great to have a "mobile laptop" after so long.  

For anyone trying to locate this same switch, mine was located at the rear of the tray right in the center.  Look for "SW2" printed on the board.  There is a static push pin plastic piece on the cover of the tray that depresses this switch when the cover is attached.  I guess you could bulk this up somehow to maintain the disconnect switch functionality and stop the erroneous disconnects when machine is flexed.  I chose to go ahead and solder the switch contact points and just manuallly unplug the battery if and when the cover needs to be removed.

Wolveshowl
Paper Tape
Views: 630
Message 152 of 157

Glad it worked out for you! Smiley Happy 

Oubjr
Paper Tape
Views: 545
Message 153 of 157

It's the sw2 sensor that detects the back case its super sensitive. So when you move laptop shuts off

Oubjr
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 154 of 157

what if the switch is broken can i still disable it with this remedy

Wolveshowl
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 155 of 157

Yes, In theory that should work as you are bypassing the switch anyways.  

Saaz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 198
Message 156 of 157

a.png

Saaz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 146
Message 157 of 157

Update: I went to the store and bought this - https://www.jaycar.com.au/wire-glue-9ml/p/NM2831

$10.00 and 30 minutes I fixed my computer by gluing the leads. Didn't even have to solder.

Lenovo was about to charge me $1045 AUD for something I fixed with $10, even after I explained the problem in detail to them and how everyone here is having a problem with their design flaw. I will never give this company another cent. My family wont buy Lenovo, I won't by Lenovo for my office, I will actively tell people this story and the story of my Yoga 3. I've heard of shady Apple practices a lot, but Lenovo is on a new level in my opinion. Terrible. They don't deserve my business.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors