Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjcialaw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 81 of 157

Re: Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 - Random shut offs when not plugged in

Having the same problem at inopportune times.  Bought the computer a few months ago at Best Buy.  so cannot just return it to Best Buy, or can I?  This is a very aggravating problem.

mjcialaw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 82 of 157

OK, how do I get a hold of Lenovo for service?  This is quite aggravating.

serf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,548
Message 83 of 157

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactusproductselector

My laptop is still at the depot, and parts still seem elusive. been over two weeks at this point. To add insult they are now selling the ThinkPad yoga 14 refurbs for 470 on BestBuy/Cowboom. Less than half the new price.
mjcialaw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,533
Message 84 of 157

I have initiated a ticket. I am really pissed off about this.

nimonj
Serial Port
Views: 1,531
Message 85 of 157

Did you have to register on ibm.com to submit your support ticket? Or is there another option on the lenovo website? Thanks, I need to do the same

li53x
Paper Tape
Views: 1,462
Message 86 of 157

I sent mine to datavision for a warrantied repair. And it only has been good for a day and then the shut down problem is here again. And my keyboard is broken for no reason. I don't really want to open the back lid..I have never done this before. This is my first laptop and it is terrible. So disappointed at Lenovo and Thinkpad and IBM. Why do we have to use it when even Lenovo no longer sells it because it is simply trash. This is unfair. We need a recall. 

serf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,441
Message 87 of 157

Just got off the phone with Don at IBM.  I have been without my laptop for almost 3 weeks now.  Most of that while waiting for parts.  Don has helped a long the way.  They started out trying to reseat my keyboard/keyboard tray, and that failed to resolve the issue.  They decided to try replacing the keyboard, tray, and system board.  The system board was out of stock.  I contacted Don, and he found a board in stock at an alternate supplier.  A few days later my laptop entered into the "being repaired" state again.  After being in repair for 3 days with no status updates I contacted Don again.  He said the parts were replaced, but the machine failed the burn-in test all machines are given after a repair is preformed.  The laptop was sent to engineering, and then back to repair, but there were zero notes from engineering.  He said he will contact them and a lady named Rosemary to try to figure out where we stand.

At this point I just need a laptop, and going out of town this weekend will throw a huge wrench into my work.

jeffcouret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,407
Message 88 of 157

This whole situation is laughable.

I just received my MANUFACTURER REFURBISHED thinkpad yoga 14 yesterday. Instantly I'm having shutoff issues both with the slightest jostle and when holding it from the front right.

Obviously Lenovo did not test this on battery power. Terrible quality control. 

This is my first Lenovo, and most likely my last. 

On top of that, one of the rubber feet are missing from the bottom. And these are just the problems I've noticed in the first day.

Luckily the seller (ebay) is offering a full refund. With all the horror stories on here of weeks and months of being in service, I don't think I can put myself through that headache. 

Electrical tape over the switch seems to be a bandaid fix at best. And soldering? Sounds like a voided warranty to me. 

It's really sad because otherwise this thing is amazing. I'm comparing with a bigger/heavier ASUS 15.6" 2-in-1 that  has the same graphics card. The Yoga 14 seems to be a much better fit for me than the ASUS, but these issues appear to be an absolute dealbreaker. 

A recall needs to happen, and it needs to happen now. 

jeffcouret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,399
Message 89 of 157

I just got off the phone with Lenovo/IBM support. They said I'd have to send it in to the "depot" to have it repaired. The guy on the phone said he read something in the forum about Lenovo actually starting to solder the switch themselves as part of their repair. Not sure if legit but I'm giving it a try. 

laxbro510
Paper Tape
Views: 1,365
Message 90 of 157

I still have my computer on hold for parts since April 04, 2015. However, this past week I had a call from a lenovo agent and the motherboard will be arriving on this Saturday, May 16, 2015.

Crossing my fingers! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors