Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarBauer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,356
Message 1 of 3

Rebooting in tablet mode disables keyboard - Yoga 260

Hello,

I'm having trouble starting my 260. Im using the hard drive decryption and therefore need to enter password before booting.

Once in a while, the keyboard refuses to work directly After a restart. backlight comes up during the first second. But at the password screen it just doesn't respond. I have to plug in an external USB keyboard to enter the key. After that it starts and Boots into Windows where the internal keyboard is working again.

I am suspecting the keyboard disabeling mechanism when you put it into Yoga mode, because the error seems to happen more often when the keykeyboard is folded away.

Do you have any suggestions how to resolve the issue? Im on a business trip right know and can't use the Laptop anymore due to no avaliable keyboard.

Best regards

Martin

Former Employee
Views: 1,321
Message 2 of 3

Re: Rebooting in tablet mode disables keyboard - Yoga 260

MarBauer,

I’m sorry to hear about the keyboard becoming unexpectedly disabled on your Yoga 260. This is not the experience Lenovo hoped you would have with your ThinkPad Yoga 260.

Lenovo released a solution via BIOS update that should resolve this:

Version 1.47

(New) Allow keyboard input during POST logo under Tent / Stand multi-mode usage.

BIOS v1.47 can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Yoga-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-...

Thank you,

uk-steve
What's DOS?
Views: 835
Message 3 of 3

Re: Rebooting in tablet mode disables keyboard - Yoga 260

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my Yoga 131 ISK

At so epoint I closed the lid when it was runningg, now when I open it it always goes into tablet mode withthe keyboard disabled.

I can get around it sometimes by booting in safe mode/BIOS, save changes and continue.

If it comes up with a blue screen saying username and password invalid, then it willebventually boot in laptop mode and allow me to use the keyboard and touch pad.

Its very annoying

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors