05-12-2015 11:51 PM - edited 05-12-2015 11:53 PM
Hi, I am trying to create a recovery drive on a new ThinkPad Yoga 15, but that is failing because the recovery partition seems to be empty.
- Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management shows 3 hidden partitions. All three are 100% free (empty).
- Control Panel > Recovery > Create a Recovery Drive throws error "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing. [...] use your Windows installation disc or media."
- The laptop shipped without any installation disc or media.
- Running >reagentc.exe /info throws "Operation failed: 3. An error has occured".
- Running >sfc /scannow results in "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".
Where are the recovery files, and how can I create a recovery drive on this system? Thanks.
06-02-2015 12:11 AM
The better part of a month later and still no reply from Lenovo Support? I would appreciate a response. I paid a lot of money for a device that does not work as advertised. Thanks.
06-03-2015 08:48 PM
To clarify, this is a peer-to-peer support community, where members share experience and expertise. It is not a dedicated Lenovo-staffed support channel. If you need dedicated support, please call the Support group directly. I've provided contact info below.
Hope this helps.