Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-17-2015

United States

15 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 2

S1 Yoga - Trackpad seems to get laggy after prolonged time on

2015-09-06, 17:25 PM

Hi all - I have a Lenovo S1 Yoga (still with Windows 8.1), and although I see on this forum that there are some trackpad issues, I haven't necessarily seen anyone have this issue.  My Yoga works flawlessly for the most part.  However, I've noticed some issues pop up if the computer's been on for days on end.  One thing I've noticed is occassionally, if the laptop's been on for many days and I go to restart, it'll lock up during the shutdown process (i.e., when the white circles are rotating), so I'll have to force the shutdown.  

Another issue I've noticed recently is one I care more about.  If the computer's been on for a long time, and then I open the screen and actually go to use it as a laptop, the trackpad will be very laggy.  My external Microsoft mouse still works fine, but the trackpad is laggy.  Restarting the computer DOES fix the issue.  I use my computer as a desktop 95% of the time.  But, I don't want to have to restart my computer every time I actually want to use it as a laptop with the trackpad.  I've also just noticed the issue, so I don't know how often it happens or how long it takes for it to become laggy. I just know that the last two times I've gone to use my computer as a laptop, it's done this.  Does anyone know what might be causing this issue and how to fix it?  Thanks a lot!

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Views: 21591
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: S1 Yoga - Trackpad seems to get laggy after prolonged time on

2015-09-07, 16:30 PM

How do you feel about updating your BIOS, drivers, or Widnows to the latest? There is some lenovo app that you can run to check if you drivers and etc. are the latest versions or if they need updates. It is hard to advise you if you say yourself your notebook is not updated to the latest and that included that changes lenovo made to the BIOS and the updates of the drivers. In the worst case reset your S1 to factory settings to have it as new as when you first got it.

P.S. I also wonder if that night not be heat issue, after you use the computer for such a long time it is a bit overheated and does not respond to touch well, but the S1 is pretty cold most of the time. I assume that you want to keep your prgrams on all of the time, and you would not fancy some scheduled rest othe computer during the night.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms