Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris-R
Paper Tape
Views: 1,845
Message 1 of 9

S1 Yoga: Windows 10 - Sleep/Wake Problems

Hi everyone, 

My manager seems to be having an issue with his ThinkPad S1 Yoga ever since he upgraded to Windows 10 back in July. He's now running the TH2 update that was released last month and he is still having issues with Sleeping and Waking the Notebook. 

When shutting down the computer it will not fully shut down, resulting in the battery draining and the little red light on the lid will blink very quickly - The only fix is to hard reset the PC by holding the power button. 

When the Notebook is on battery power and goes to sleep for being idle - it cannot be woken up and the only way to get the PC to work again is to hard reset again - meaning he loses all his work. 

Is there a permanent fix in the pipeline or is this a case of restoring back to Windows 8.1? 

Thanks

Chris 

Guru
Views: 1,806
Message 2 of 9

Re: S1 Yoga: Windows 10 - Sleep/Wake Problems

Hi Chris-R

Can you please post your the full model number of the Yoga?

I have a TP Yoga 14 and it took me some time to stabilize the drivers. Maybe you should try to re-install the Lenovo Power related drivers to see if it can fix your problem.

I also like to have the drivers updated, I can share with your the following tips:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers.

I hope this helps you or gives you a hint.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

usedtolovePCs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,803
Message 3 of 9

I have the same problem. Well, it's one of my many problems. Feel free to view my YouTube channel which features only some of the problems I have with my Yoga 12 signature edition:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_C1ztNj_B-90Y6jTUfUrHLa8kFB2XM-6

Guru
Views: 1,799
Message 4 of 9

Hi usedtolovePCs

Can you also please post the full model number of your Thinkpad ? It should be something long like "20DM008UUS".

For what I see on your videos it seems that you also have some problems Windows 10, it seems very unstable and the wireless icon dissapear and you are trying to find a wireless network by clicking the wired adapter.

usedtolovePCs, Do you want to try updating the drivers with my tips and see if you can get Windows stable?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

usedtolovePCs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,796
Message 5 of 9

Case number: 303YRT2

Read my extensive file. Windows 10 is not the problem, don't blame the OS as a scapegoat. Read my file. I am not a beginner, don't patronize. I upgraded to Windows 10 in attempt to fix the exact issues I had with 8.1 - Lenovo support is terrible. I have been left with no other choice than to troll the boards. I want my money back. This is a "business" computer that has only cost me me money in my BUSINESS. You obviously didn't view all videos. View them all. I want my money back.
Guru
Views: 1,783
Message 6 of 9

Hi usedtolovePCs.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated. Ask for your money back to Lenovo, you already open a ticket, thats good. These are forums or users trying to help other users, sometimes Lenovo staff helps in, but it is not a formal way to communicate with Lenovo. Trolling here will not get your money back.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Former Administrator
Views: 1,772
Message 7 of 9

ustedtolovePCs,

I've looked through some of the videos and definitely sense your frustration and would like to help you get this solved.

Your case # helps, but if you will send me a private message with your name, best phone to reach you and the type & serial # of your system I will help escalate this case to our customer relations team.

I am confident they can help you reach a solution.

Best regards,

Mark

mattzee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,755
Message 8 of 9

I was able to solve the Sleep/Wake problem by installing the drivers in the support - download - section for the Yoga. I guess what you want to look for is power management.

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 779
Message 9 of 9

I can't seem to find that playlist?
2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors