Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrobsea
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 1 of 1

S230U Lost UUID and model number in bios after reseating internal connectors

I was about to give up on my Thinkpad Twist (S230U) after a series of 2100 detection error on HDD0 events.  In a last ditch effort to save it, I opened it up to clean contacts around the hard drive connector and reseated the hard drive connector on the main board.  That all worked better than expected, and the laptop is working now except that it lost its UUID, and model number in the BIOS.  None of the Lenovo auto update utilities work any longer, and I get an annoying set of beeps at start up about inalid model number errors.

Is there any way for an end user to reset the model number and UUID information?  The WinFlash tool appears to have an option for setting the model number, but it doesn't work.

I would like to be able to consider Lenovo in in the category of 'end-user maintainable' the next time I update my laptop, but given the number of people with the same issue as mine (thinkpad bios forgot UUID/model settings) who seem to have no other option than to have a service center fix it, peraps that is not the case.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, but I'm going to live with the problem if my only option is a paid Lenovo service repair... thanks in advance!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors