Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 435
Message 1 of 2

S230u - replacement trackpoint TrackPoint caps are too short

Hi, 

I got an S230u Twist last autumn and have been really happy with it. At the time, I ordered a set of replacement rubber TrackPoint caps. When I replaced the original cap the other day, I realised that the replacement ones are about 0.5mm shorter than the original one, with the result that the H and G keys get caught on the edge of the cap; you have to hit them quite hard to get them to work. I compared all the new caps from the packet against the original one, and sure enough; they're all a little too short. They fit, but it's annoying to have to go back and make sure all my ""G"s and "H"s typed correctly. 

Has anyone else had the same problem? Lenovo, could this just have been a bad batch, and if so can I return the unused ones for a replacement set that is the correct height? 

parmardilan
Token Ring
Views: 412
Message 2 of 2

Re: S230u - replacement trackpoint TrackPoint caps are too short

If you bought them from Lenovo I'd just try and return them. If not dispute on eBay/PayPal/Credit Card. But never use poor quality TrackPoint Caps. Remember if a computer is running efficiently so is the person behind it generally. 

ThinkPad Twist S230U-
OS-Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU-Intel Core i7 3517U @ 1.90GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM-8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard-LENOVO 3347CTO (CPU Socket - U3E1)
Graphics-Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display 1366x768 (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)
Storage-298GB Seagate ST320LT007-9ZV142 (SATA) 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB (SSD) 29GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Audio-Realtek High Definition Audio

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors