Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzkillington
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 1 of 1

S440 won't sleep

Hello,

I have a ThinkPad S440 running Windows 10 (64-bit) and I've encountered this problem a lot this couple of months. It's as following:

I've set the computer to go to sleep when I close the lid or when I press the power button. But I've noticed that sometimes when I do either of those actions, it just doesn't go to sleep. What happens is the little red light above the "i" in ThinkPad will normally turn on and off as if the laptop were sleeping. But the other lights like the mute microphone or the mute loudspeakers ones stay on, which means the laptop isn't actually asleep. Furthermore I can hear the cooling fans running. When this happens I have to force shut down my laptop and all my programms are automatically closed and all the progress there is lost (which I found out the hard way). Since the discovery of this problem I've tried switching to hibernation, and the same problem occurs, but when I force shutdown my laptop and power on again, programs are as they were before I hibernated, and you can say it's actually better than sleeping, but still isn't the best solution, because if I forget to check my laptop after I've closed the lid, next time I may want to power it on the battery could be dead.

I've since tried reformating my laptop and reinstalling Windows several times, but it doesn't help. Tried downloading only drivers from the Lenovo website but it still happens. I've searched in other forums and people have suggested changing some settings on the power plans, which I've tried, but no effects. I'm all out of ideas.

If anyone has had the same problem before and/or if you've solved it, it would be a HUGE relief.

Thanks in advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors