07-24-2019

GB

3 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 2

S540 OneLink Dock Problem - Power but no USB, Network or HDMI ports working

2019-07-24, 16:32 PM

I have a ThinkPad S540 with a OneLink Dock (not Pro). It has work fine for several years until today. Power is getting through to the laptop from the dock but none of ports (USB, Network and HDMI) work.

Ihave tried to install a new driver however, after installation I get the message:

"Unable to execute file:

C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\TP_Onelink_Driver_v11019.exe

CreateProcess failed code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation".

It looks to me like the Dock has died but somehow the power supply to the laptop can carry on while the cleve stuff has stopped working.

Any help appreciated.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: S540 OneLink Dock Problem - Power but no USB, Network or HDMI ports working

2019-12-04, 14:55 PM

Hi ddsaterdly! Welcome to our forums community. If you're running Windows 10, run the update the vantage. Install alla vailable updates or you can manually update here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-s-series-laptops/thinkpad-s540/downloads/automatic-driver-update. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete