Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zertek78100
Paper Tape
Views: 5,302
Message 1 of 3

SSD/HDD replacement on the new Thinkpad Yoga 12 2015

Hello everybody,

do you know if the internal HDD/SSD provided with the new Thinkpad Yoga 12 2015 can be replaced by myself?

And if this operation is possible, is it simple to proceed ?

I used to replace HDD by SSD on my MacBook pro laptops, it is very simple. 

As the internal HDD and SSD provided are not the best ones (the Thinkpad SSD are considered as to be slow), i want to replace the HDD/SSD by a Samsung 840 Pro.

Thanks a lot for your reply

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,297
Message 2 of 3

Re: SSD/HDD replacement on the new Thinkpad Yoga 12 2015

Hi,

The base spec and hardware maintenance manual should help with this.

Base Spec

(English) Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad Yoga 12

Please note that neither the 2.5 inch HDD/SSD or m.2 SSD are listed as self-service CRU (customer replaceable unit) or optional-service CRU so you may face warranty issues if you attempt this yourself.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

darthwader_07
What's DOS?
Views: 2,931
Message 3 of 3

Re: SSD/HDD replacement on the new Thinkpad Yoga 12 2015

Is Samsung 840 Pro a compatible ssd for this laptop? Also, were you able to successfuly replace it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors