Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rshimizu12
Not applicable
Views: 183
Message 1 of 4

Screen flickers

I am experiencing intermittent screen flickering issues on my Lenovo T569 laptop.....?  The display acts like it is bad . The odd thing is that the problem is acting like both a hardware and software issue.....? Every once in awhile the mouse pointer will go away and screen will flicker until I reboot the laptop.I am fairly certain somethng is loose because when I shake the laptop the video will flicker as well. The odd thing thing is that this does not happen all the time...? Already tried reloading the drivers and this has not resolved the problems...? Also noticed that the screen flickers during the boot process so makes me think it is hardware related.

I have a touch display and the screen is very expensive.  So can I use a non touch display..? I am fairly certain the video card is built into the motherboard. I am also thinking of using a higher resolution screen can I use that one instead....?

rshimizu12
Not applicable
Views: 162
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen flickers

Someone also suggested that the it might be problem with the graphics card.....?

rshimizu12
Not applicable
Views: 146
Message 3 of 4

Some said the the video cable conntector needs to reseated or the cable needs to be replaced. So I am wondering why type of cables it uses.....?

matt_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 110
Message 4 of 4

Hi rshimizu12!

Welcome to the community forums.

The best way to isolate the issue of the flickering screen if this is software or hardware issue is by connecting the laptop to an external monitor. See if the flickering will also appear on the external monitor. If you notice that the screen flickers on the laptop's LCD and not on the external monitor. This is a hardware issue. If both display flickers at the same time, this is a software issue. 

That is when we want to proceed if the laptop needs replacement parts or not. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors