Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Southernese
Fanfold Paper
Views: 202
Message 1 of 2

Shipped my Yoga back for repair and it is was damaged in shipment

So my cursor was jumping to the upper left corner of the screen.  It is under warranty.  Now Lenovo says that the LCD screen is cracked.  It was not cracked when it left here.  It was sent to Lenovo to have it repaired for the cursor.  lenovo says that the crack isn't under warranty so my cost will be over $700 to repair.  I feel that I need to discuss this with someone who can go back on FedEx.  I shipped it in the Lenovo provided box and I even had the FedEx folks be sure that it was secured correctly within the box.  I had them use extra tape as what was sent by Lenovo wasn't enough. How do I get someone to listen to me at Lenovo.  No one even sent me an email about this, I had to call to find out after 2 weeks that they weren't repairing it because it isn't under warranty. I've been a customer of Thinkpads for over 20 years but this has been the worst experience I've ever had with a thinkpad.  I am just sick that it has come to this. Surely someone is able to go to FedEx and say this was damaged in shipment.  I shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.  What do I do.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 153
Message 2 of 2

Re: Shipped my Yoga back for repair and it is was damaged in shipment

I did not examine anything, but a common reason for a cursor that jumps to a location is a crack in the digitizer layer of the screen causing a short.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors