cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
straff
SCSI Port
Views: 1,019
Message 1 of 9

System Update Error: Windows cannot find 'ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock DP Hub FW_ver2_30_000.exe'

I get the following error when I run System Update:

Windows cannot find 'ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock DP Hub FW_ver2_30_000.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I've rebooted and run several times and still get this. Anyone with similar issues or any advice please?

Thanks

T

Guru
Views: 953
Message 2 of 9

Re: System Update Error: Windows cannot find 'ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock DP Hub FW_ver2_30_000.exe'

Hi

I guess that you have a ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock attached, right?

Try to install the firmware and driver update of this device manually. You can get the files on the Thinkpad OneLink+ Dock support site: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/acc100252

After that run again the System Update and check if it still asks you to update some of those drivers.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

knives
What's DOS?
Views: 935
Message 3 of 9

Re: System Update Error: Windows cannot find 'ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock DP Hub FW_ver2_30_000.exe'

I have the same issue on my shiny new P40, and I do not have the dock.  The driver update linked is older than the version I apparently already have preloaded (1.10.10 vs 1.10.11). Also the FW won't install either, just drops a txt file containing an error message. 

mdt1
Paper Tape
Views: 924
Message 4 of 9

Same problem with my Yoga ThinkPad (model 20CDCTO1WW).  No dock attached.  Occurs running System Update (v5.07.022).  Installing dock driver does not fix.

Npr2b
Punch Card
Views: 906
Message 5 of 9

See my reply here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/OneLink-FW-File-Not-Found-Error-on-X1-Carbon/...

...but I have the dock attached... very strange that some of you are getting that without ever having a dock plugged into the system.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 905
Message 6 of 9

Same problem ThinkPad Yoga 260.  No dock and never had a dock attached.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Npr2b
Punch Card
Views: 900
Message 7 of 9

Interesting... I'm just now getting this System Update error message as well.

Importantly though, I have a Yoga 260, have the dock, and have already successfully installed FW 2.30.000.

straff
SCSI Port
Views: 859
Message 8 of 9

I ran this - and while nothing appeared to happen (!) System Update does now run OK (no results found). So thank you. Not sure what is happening to the other folk on the thread though :-S

T

Former Employee
Views: 816
Message 9 of 9

Lenovo is aware of an issue with ThinkPad customers receiving a "ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock DP Hub FW_ver2_30_000.exe" error after running System Update or Lenovo Companion.

Lenovo is working to correct this error condition.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors