Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chotschen
Paper Tape
Views: 551
Message 1 of 3

T460s Recovery Media: Only DVDs?

Hello everyone, 

I am very glad I found this forum. I am a new owner of a T460s - my first Lenovo.

So far it hasen't been the greatest experience though. Ofter starting up I've upgraded to Win10, installed all my programms ... and realised a few days later that Win10 isn't performing very well on my machine. After the downgrade to Win7 I had to reinstall lots of the programms. That's why I wanted to order recovery media to start from scratch. After a wait of 10 days I received about 8 DVDs in the mail although I specifically asked for USB sticks.

The recovery support - which is not reachable by phone - wrote that there is no recovery usb for my new T460s and they recomended I used an external DVD drive. I was hoping for an easier solution. 

Do any of you guys have any experience/ideas regarding this.

Cheers,

Jochen

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 545
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460s Recovery Media: Only DVDs?

Unfortunately, if you can no longer create your own recovery media on USB sticks using the Lenovo ThinkVantage Tools, there really is not an easier solution.    There are all some forum posts on how to create a USB stick using the Recovery partition or DVD's such as this one, but none seem easier than just purchasing a fairly cheap USB DVD drive, and the only way to know if the USB drive created would work for sure, is to test on another HD.

Take Care,

chotschen
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460s Recovery Media: Only DVDs?

Thanks for your reply! I'll do that then. I just need this confirmed so I am not over complicating this for no reason. Lesson learnt: Create a USB recovery before upgrading the OS. Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors