Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ross2015
Paper Tape
Views: 1,157
Message 1 of 7

TP S1 yoga mini HDMI port not working win 10

Mini HDMI port not working on my thinkpad S1 yoga. I cannot use this for my external monitor.  I Have tried different mini hdmi to hdmi cables with same result  I know the hdmi connection on the external screen is working.

Can you suggest anything I can do to resolve this issue?

mickael28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,062
Message 2 of 7

Re: TP S1 yoga mini HDMI port not working win 10

Hi, did you manage to fix this problem? 

My mini HDMI post doesn't seem to output video anymore... 

kabuki006
What's DOS?
Views: 1,013
Message 3 of 7

I also had this problems.

After i google...... for few days any compare with my other devisce...

The problems are come from Lenovo Intel Graphic Driver.

Try to found in Devise Manger > Sound & Game .... > 

could not find Intel SST (WDM) Audio Devices.....  please give me the official new graphic driver~~~~ I need connect to extra monitor~~~~~~

mickael28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,007
Message 4 of 7

I couldn't have my mini HDMI port working again. It was working fine and one day, out of a sudden it just stopped working.

I ended up buying an USB to DVI connector, so now I am connecting the external monitor through the USB port, but the mini HDMI port in the ultrabook is not working anymore Smiley Sad

If someone finds a solution/drivers, etc... pls let me know to give it a go as well. 

ross2015
Paper Tape
Views: 999
Message 5 of 7

No still not fixed. Its ridiculous that something so expensive does not have all the components working.

It did not work even with Win 8.1

Latest suggestion from lenovo was to buy another cable. I have tried three different cables now including one regular HDMI cable with an added separate HDMI to mini HDMI adapter.

None of these worked.

I would be open to trying another if they can tell me a brand and a cable that is proven to work

mickael28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 996
Message 6 of 7

@ross, I tried the same as well and nothing worked:

* I bought 4 different mini HDMI cables, some of them expensive ones. I think one was from Belkin.

* I bought a converter mini HDMI to standard HDMI

* Another converter from mini HDMI to DVI

Nothing worked with the Lenovo S1. The thing is that those adapters and cables work with other devices and TV, hence that TV and the rest of the hardware is fine, the only thing that doesn't work is the expensive ultrabook (annoying at best if you ask me!!)

At the end, I just went for an USB to HDMI (or VGA) adapter. They work fine for my needs, but still wondering if the mini HDMI problem will ever get fixed!!

saifsalih
Fanfold Paper
Views: 885
Message 7 of 7

I'm having this problem too. Works with the Thinkpad Dock but when I try and connect via the mini HDMI port it sometimes works then it stops. Tried updating the drivers and so success. This is really frustrating. I think it is a software issue as I know the cables and hardware external to the computer are fine. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors