Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

29 Posts

08-18-2015

United States of America

30 Signins

261 Page Views

• Views: 261
  • Message 1 of 2

TP Yoga 12 - Has anyone peeled off matte finish screen protector?

2015-08-18, 19:46 PM

Having some trouble finding any concrete information on the matte display on the TP Yoga 12.  There is clearly a matte screen protector/skin on the display with cutout for the webcam.  Has anyone ever tried peeling this off?

Click here for viewing the image.

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Photos are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Has anyone peeled off matte finish screen protector on TP Yoga?

2015-08-18, 23:28 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I have the Thinkpad S1 Yoga with a similar factory applied screen protector.  I had wondered the same thing as I was concerned in time if it would need to be replaced due to wear, etc.  As far as the finish, I enjoy matte screens.   In searching the Internet on topic I found that it can be removed with a little effort.  Some folks found that working up an edge with a sharp object like a razor blade helped as it gave you something to grip during removal.  Others found that lightly warming the protector with a hair dryer softened it and aided in its removal.  For me, I left in place and applied another screen protector over it which I can easily replace if need be.  Even with the second protector in place there is no loss of sensitivity with using the stylus or fingers. 

My only suggestion is to do a little searching on the Internet before under taking the project if you plan to remove it.  I would also wait until any warranty has expired.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms