cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ud112
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 1 of 6

TP Yoga 12 - Touch undetected intermittently - pen cursor point swings at the top of the screen

Very annoying issues with my Thinkpad Yoga 12 (2015 version); finger touch is usually undetectable at the outer areas of the screen until I tap the screen a few times, the middle of the screen seems to be okay.

Also, when using the pen/ stylus at the upper part of the screen (about 10mm from the top edge) the pen cursor point seems to accelerate away from the tip of the pen, i.e. the cursor point moves up (kind of slides away) about 2-3mm from the tip of the pen and then back again when I move the pen back. There seems to be this interference band running horizontally across the screen about 10mm from the top.

This occured with Win 8 and now with Win 10 (I did a clean install of Win 10)

I have tried reinstalling the wacom drivers and recalibrating with no success.

Can anyone help with this please?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Guru
Views: 187
Message 2 of 6

Re: TP Yoga 12 - Touch undetected intermittently - pen cursor point swings at the top of the screen

Do you have the recommended resolution? 

Settings > Systems > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Resolution --- it should say (recommended).

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

ud112
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 3 of 6

Re: TP Yoga 12 - Touch undetected intermittently - pen cursor point swings at the top of the screen

*duplicate post, admin please delete.

ud112
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the help pat_box but it does seem to be on the recommend resolution.

Do you think it might be a hardware issue? There's didn't seem to be any one else with this issue...
Guru
Views: 175
Message 5 of 6

I calibrated the pen and it works and the touch works too. I have hard time imagining what issue you are having because it works well for me. It is true that when the pen is not calibrated it can be a bit off, but when you calibrate it it will be nearly flawless. There are artist who are painting pictures with it so it must be pretty good. Holding the pen in different angles will put it like 1 or 2 millimeters off but you are aware of that as you calibrated it, it says so in the instructions. It does sound like a bug either hardware-ish or software-ish hard to tell.

Why not contact the Lenovo Service Center in your country? Can't hurt, eh?

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/uk/en/ 

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

ud112
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 6 of 6

I had a Samsung slate 7 before this which also had the wacom digitizer and incidentally used the same drivers but never had these issues.
I have indeed calibrated it using the extra edge calibration but to no avail. The fact that this happened even after the clean install of Windows 10 makes me suspect hardware issues.

I think you're, I'll have to contact support about this

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors