Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nandersizzle
What's DOS?
Views: 562
Message 1 of 5

TP Yoga 14 Wifi not working and stopping wifi on other devices

Hey guys, 

I bought this Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 about a month ago, and have had no problems with it until about 3 days ago when the wifi internet got really slow and would cut out with in a minute or two of working. During this time, any time I open the notebook and connect to wifi all other devices in the house won't get internet. I've tried browsing through this forum, but the solutions that seemed to work for others have not worked for me. If anyone has experienced this or knows of a solution please let me know. Thank you!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 502
Message 2 of 5

Re: TP Yoga 14 Wifi not working and stopping wifi on other devices

I would start by resetting your router and see if that resolves your issue.

Then I would connect directly to your Internet router/gateway's configuration page via its IP Address using another deivce, and check its logs for any errors when connecting the Yoga, and then while keeping the Routers Configuration pages open from another device,  connect the Yoga....It would be interesting to see if the direct connection to your router was lost when connecting the Yoga to WiFi.     

Some information you could provide that might help troubleshoot your issue would be to provide the following logs after connecting your Yoga to the WiFi.

Open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run the following commands.

Type:   ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt   and then press ENTER

Type:   netsh wlan show drivers >c:\netsh_wlan.txt   and then press ENTER

Type:   netstat -a -b >netstat.txt    and then press ENTER

Gather the three .txt files created by the commands above from the root of C:\ and attach them to your reply using the Choose File button.

Cheers,

Nandersizzle
What's DOS?
Views: 471
Message 3 of 5

Thanks JD,

Unfortunately, all did not go smoothly, I got access denied when checking my IP. And Access denied for each of the .txt prompts. I don't understand why because I'm logged in as the only user. the only thing that "worked" was when I typed in netsh wan show drivers by itself and then I got a readout.
Guru
Views: 466
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Can you validate that you are with Administration level on the machine. Also you can make CMD run as administrator to see if you can run the commands.

Can you do some "trial and error"? Have you tried your computer on different wifi networks (airport, school, work, etc), does it behave in the same way? If everything works fine on other networks, maybe it is your place routers like JDGillis says.

Also, it never hurts to update the driver, the easy way is to use "Lenovo Companion" and search for drivers update there.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 454
Message 5 of 5

Sorry about that, my mistake.   If you do not open a Command Prompt (Admin), you will not have the permissions to write to C:\, so try these commands instead, which will place the files right on your Desktop where you will have permission to create the three .txt files.      

Open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run the following commands.

Type:   ipconfig /all >%homepath%\desktop\ipconfig.txt   and then press ENTER

Type:   netsh wlan show drivers >%homepath%\desktop\netsh_wlan.txt   and then press ENTER

Type:   netstat -a -b >%homepath%\desktop\netstat.txt    and then press ENTER

Note:   Rather than trying to type commands correctly, you can use your mouse to highlight the bold text of each command, and then right click to first copy, and then paste them into the Command prompt window.

BTW     For my reference, what version of Windows are you runnning?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors