Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssmith4154
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,926
Message 1 of 10

TP Yoga [20CD] - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Not Working

I have a Thinkpad Yoga running Windows 10 pro (upgraded in July 2015).  Last week I was unable to connect to the internet wirelessly and now my laptop shows that no wifi connections are available.  When I open Device Manager, the AC 7260 does not appear under Network adapters (only Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) appear), unless I show hidden devices.  When I do, Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 appear, but the latter is "grayed" out.  Properties indicates the following under Device status:  "Currently, this hardware device in not connected to the computer (Code 45).  To fix this problem, reconnect the hardware device to the computer."  The AC 7260 came installed on my laptop and I have not done anything to physically to remove or install the device.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and updated the drivers with drivers on Intel's web site and on Lenovo's website.  When I used the drivers on Intet's web site, the device did not appear in Device Manager when I checked show hidden devices and I lost all bluetooth connection in Device Manager.  The Lenovo drivers brought back my bluetooth devices and the net work card in hidden devices.  The current drafts installed for hte device are provided by Intel , file version 17.15.0.5 (downloaded from Lenovo).

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

hmfi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,848
Message 2 of 10

Re: TP Yoga [20CD] - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Not Working

I have the exact same problem...any help appreciated!!

ssmith4154
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,846
Message 3 of 10

I finally gave up, after many attempts to recover the adapter and having received various error codes (10, 31, 45), and purchased a USB wireless adapter.  There does not appear to be a software solution to the problem, no matter which drives I installed.  A techie at a Microsoft store suggested that the adapter may be bad, but replacing the adapter is not worth the money.

birdfever4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,782
Message 4 of 10

My Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 is constantly dropping wifi. Will work fine for stretches then will be flaky. Occurs randomly and at least once or twice a day.  Was an issue when on Windows 8.1 and remains an issue on Windows 10. Errors on Event Log  are: 

1. Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7265: has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly event ID 5002, source netwtw02.

2. WLAN autoconfig detected limited connectivity performing reset/recover adapter.  Code 2 0xdeaddeed 0xeeec event id 4003. 

Have ensured have current drivers.  Anyone else having the same problem and what are recommended actions?  Thank you for any input you can provide.  Ready to send this beast back because I am so frustrated. Love the laptop, but can't have this wireless issue continue. I use it for work.

yuraj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,608
Message 5 of 10

Guru
Views: 1,599
Message 6 of 10

Hi

Just some thoughts...

Maybe other DIY test will be to download a Live USB image of Linux and try the wireless adapter. If the error persists and the adapter do not work at all we can discard that is a Windows 10 configuration problem.

Another alternative may be opening a ticket with Lenovo. Checking if your are inside your warranty time it is also good.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Downlinx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,497
Message 7 of 10

I have experienced this quite a bit in the last week and I have not been able to to find the root cause of why the WIFI card disappears. The only thing that has been working on getting wireless back up and running on the yoga laptops is clicking the hardware reset button on the bottom of the laptop below the exhaust fan vent.

ssmith4154
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,493
Message 8 of 10

Will using the hardware reset button have any effect on the hard drive and/or the information stored on it?

Downlinx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,491
Message 9 of 10

No it will not

ssmith4154
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,482
Message 10 of 10

thank you