Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dbextreme
What's DOS?
Views: 1,339
Message 1 of 2

TPM chip

Does the Thinkpad Yoga 14 have a TPM chip built into it? I do not see any references to it in the hardware maintenance manual, which is the closest hardware related document I could find for this laptop. I do not see any option in the BIOS to enable a TPM or security chip etc. The tpm.msc snapin doesn't show a TPM in Windows (which I assumed was because it wasn't enabled in the BIOS).

When I was buying this laptop online, the online sales agent told me that this laptop has a TPM chip in it. He said that ALL Thinkpad laptops have a TPM chip in them. I bought this laptop a year ago for solely this reason.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,317
Message 2 of 2

Re: TPM chip

Hello and welcome,

I don't have personal experience with this model, but the base spec and PSREF page seem to show that the TPM chip is available in some versions but not all.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool%5CSys/PDF/Think%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/ThinkPad%20Yoga%2014/Th...

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_Yoga_14

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors