Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soroshi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,477
Message 1 of 3

TPY 260 - second SSD in WWAN slot?

My TPY 260 hasn't arrived yet I am just wondering if anyone here has tried this?
The WWAN card uses the same M.2 connector as the regular SSD except it is B-keyed which means it would only fit a SATA SSD. Since WWAN (LTE) is not even an option at the moment I would like to be able to make use of this slot if I can. It looks as if there is space for a 42mm length M.2 SSD which would be great for dual booting windows and linux.

seanxiaozhu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,264
Message 2 of 3

Re: TPY 260 - second SSD in WWAN slot?

I just put in a m.2 drive in. Brand name is MY DIITAL SSD. SUPER BOOT DRIVE. MDM242-SB-256.

On boot I got error message 1802 : unauthorized network card is plugged in. ... halted.

It wouldn't let me boot. The only way to get it working is to remove the card. I'm guessing the m.2 has a whitelist and the card i got isn't on it. maybe there are compatible m.2 cards out there but i don't have the time or $$$ to test.

any1 try this?

THanks

Soroshi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,262
Message 3 of 3

Re: TPY 260 - second SSD in WWAN slot?

If you look closely, the WWAN connector slot does not have traces to the pins that your M.2 SSD has traces to. Even if you got around the white list, not all the pins would be connected.
This is really unfortunate too, because it would probably trivial for Lenovo to design the hardware for this optional usage.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors