Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karorupl
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 1 of 2

TPY - problem with standby mode - touch input enabled

Hi, I've got a problem when using my Thinkpad Yoga S1 2-in-1, in tablet mode.

I cannot find a way to put it into the standby mode when it is in tablet mode, to let me simply carry it grabing the screen, because as soon as I touch the screen it goes on, and the it is very annoying. Everytime, when I am moving from one place to another I have to turn keyboard around, rather than simply put it into the standby mode by turning off the screen, like I do with my tablets or phones.

Till now I thought that setting the power button to turn on and off the screen should act like the standby mode, but when I hit the power button and the screen goes off, it still turns on by touching it.

I am not interested in putting the laptop into sleep mode, as I am using it to different situations and it is too slow to wake up the machine.

I would be suprised if there would not be any way to enable the standby mode in my TPY like it works with other tablets/phones.

Thinkpad Yoga S1, i7 - Win10, Lenovo A730, i7 - Win10, Lenovo Ideapad Y570, i7 - Win7
Guru
Views: 99
Message 2 of 2

Re: TPY - problem with standby mode - touch input enabled

Hi

It took me some time to get it, since I didn't know about this subject.

Are you looking for what is called "Modern Standby Sleep" in Windows 10?  I read some page at MS about it and it seems that my Thinkpad Yoga 14 does not have support for it. I just check it executing "powercfg /a" and it says that S0 is not allows in my system (check my attached screenshot).

What is hybrid sleep? I have to check on that.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors