Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sadawe
Not applicable
Views: 605
Message 1 of 3

Targeted read test fail on my Lenovo laptop

Hey, um I am here today becuase I am unsure what actions to do, nor do I know what this problem means. I did a hardware scan today in Lenovo solution center, and while eevrything else was a pass I failed the "targeted read test".I  do not know what this means, nor how it is harming my computer. I admit I am not a tech savy person at all, but I would like to be able to fix the issue. I rely heavily on my laptop for school and I really would not like for it to be sent away now if this issue is severly critical.

are there any other solutions to fix the error, or will I for sure have to have my laptop sent in?

richk
Not applicable
Views: 600
Message 2 of 3

Re: Targeted read test fail on my Lenovo laptop

What model is the computer?  The disk may be failing.  First, make a backup of your important information.  I like to run CrystalDiskInfo (freeware) to check on a disk.  See what that says.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
richk
Not applicable
Views: 583
Message 3 of 3

Re: Targeted read test fail on my Lenovo laptop

I want to add something.  CrystalDiskInfo  won't work right if you have an NvME SSD

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors