Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadsWilliam
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 1 of 3

The tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error

Hi

I work in a school enviroment, and we have LOTS and LOTS of the Lenovo Yoga 11e (20da) and newer... Earlier I was able to update the battery firmware on the machines using Lenovos Battery Firmware updater, but now I get error on all machiens.. The error is always the same: "The tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error" no error codes or nothing.

I use this tool.
https://support.lenovo.com/dk/da/downloads/ds001322

Anyone know a solution to this?

All yogas are installed with Windows 10 Education.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 275
Message 2 of 3

Re: The tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error

Hello MadsWilliam, welcome to the Community,

Exactly which systems are you seeing this on please, the 20DA and which other types please? Could you also check the manufacture dates on a couple of examples in case they may be newer than the firmware updater and therefore not recognized by it and also, it would be helpful, if you could let us know the BIOS version from an example of each MT which is presenting you with the error please?

Thanks

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

MadsWilliam
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 3 of 3

Re: The tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

I dont know where to find the manifacure date on the laptops, do you kow where I can find it?

But this is what I got so far.
-
After reading your thread, I found some laptops from our stock and tried running the Battery firmware again, still errors.

The first I testet was a Yoga11e 20DA-S0VP00- LR03xxxx (UEFI installed) (Bought in august 2015)
The firmware was 1.18 - Error

I upgraded the Firmware to 1.33 - Error

Then I took a 20DA-S0VP00-LR04xxx (Lagacy Installed) (these are bought in early 2016) 

Firmware - 1.18 - Error

Firmware - 1.31 - Error

Firmware - 1.33 - Error

All laptops had more than 80% battery, and is pluged in a charger.

We also have 20G8 and 20HU - where I have seen the error, the pc'er are delivered back to the students, so I havent been able to find a laptop where the battery needs upgrade yet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors