Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selbbub78
Paper Tape
Views: 6,487
Message 1 of 14

Think Pad Twist Battery not charging issue

Hello:

I have a new Think Pad Twist with Windows 8.  I currently am having issues with my battery not charging more than 50%.  It is plugged in, and states "plugged in, not charging".    I read other reviews on taking the battery out, and replacing it, uninstalling the ACPI control, but I am having trouble figuring out how to take the battery out of the twist.  Has anyone else had issues with the Twist?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I'm at a loss for ideas.

Thanks,

Kim

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 6,502
Message 2 of 14

Re: Think Pad Twist Battery not charging issue

Hi selbbub78, welcome to the forum,

there are several threads on battery life, but what I think you may be experiencing is explained in the following KnowledgeBase article,

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/ThinkPad-battery-won-t-charge-past-50-under...

Please let us know if this helps you.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

jawidd
What's DOS?
Views: 6,161
Message 3 of 14

Go to Start menu > Lenovo Settings > Power > scroll across and select Always full charge. 

When Optimise is selected it does exactly that, optimises the battery so that it utilises all the cells on the battery efficiently. 

sinned72
What's DOS?
Views: 6,121
Message 4 of 14

I am having the exact same issue with my new Twist and I am sure this is the problem.  Perhaps due to my own ignorance pertaining to the new Windows 8 platform, I am unable to follow your instructions regarding how to make the change.  When I go to the "start" button, I do not have a "Lenovo Settings" nor can I locate anything that looks like it might change the battery charging settings.  Please help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,110
Message 5 of 14

Hi sinned72, welcome,

I think jawidd means the start screen.  The Win8 main screen should include a Lenovo settings tile.

Z.

TwistStartLenovoSettingsResized.png

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

sinned72
What's DOS?
Views: 6,098
Message 6 of 14

Yep, I got it.  Thank you all so much.  Problem fixed, disaster averted. 

bobkaron
Paper Tape
Views: 5,926
Message 7 of 14

Sent my twist in for a defective touch pad. Got it back and had this issue. Called them, they insist on connecting in remotely. Said "Yep, it says not charging" and overnighted me another box to send back. I decided to then do a search here and found this threat which solved the problem. Way to go on your tech support training Lenovo.

mahmoodnshah
What's DOS?
Views: 5,585
Message 8 of 14

With the same problem, I followed your instructions but it was already marked in lenovo battery settings as u have instructed. " to fully charge". It still says " plugged in not charging". Can anyone help ?
mahmoodnshah
What's DOS?
Views: 5,550
Message 9 of 14

Thanks, it has worked.
ChristianBrown
What's DOS?
Views: 5,170
Message 10 of 14

@mahmoodnshah did you solve the problem? - I got it now on an X1 Carbon.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors