Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joncordova
802.11n
Views: 4,883
Message 21 of 188

Re: ThinkPad Twist Battery Life

Does anybody have the 8GB version, or are these all the Staples configurations?

2.5 to 3 hours is a bummer for sure, but absolutely no surprise. Use the formula:

Observed battery life = Manufacturer claimed battery life divided by two. Smiley Tongue

Apart from firmware/BIOS stuff, we have to find a way to observe CPU clock speed in Windows 8. Ivy Bridge chips only get good battery life at idle.

marcbollinger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,868
Message 22 of 188

It's kind of more than half.. They are quoting 7 hours on staples, I get about 2.5 to 3 as well. Smiley Happy

nbelote
Token Ring
Views: 4,776
Message 23 of 188

The Twist doesn't technically qualify as an Ultrabook as Intel's requires the battery to last at least 5 hours... the Twist's barely lasts 3. They might want to change their statement unless they can fix the power draw.

mdifilm
Punch Card
Views: 4,758
Message 24 of 188

actually, an ultrabook battery life is about 4+ hours and up, it's not Lenovo, there are several ultrabook has about 4 hours or so of battery life. Twist sadly is at the bottom right now, I am sure the hard drive draws a lot more power than SSD, if you switch to SSD, then you would probably gain another hour of battery life. Thus Twist wouldn't be that affordable for a touchscreen/tablet ultrabook.

I just updated my bios to the latest and the power management driver, so far, my battery life has increased to total about 3.8 hours, which is still a bit less based on this article: http://www.ultrabookreview.com/346-ultrabook-battery-life-performance-expect/

me11ow
Serial Port
Views: 4,754
Message 25 of 188

With a whole bunch of changes to the power config I was able to sqeek out 3.5 hours of use last night,  of course I had to dim the screen to 50% and use less cpu.

That confirms to me that anything they do firmware or driver wise will not fix this issue.

bmoura
Punch Card
Views: 4,721
Message 26 of 188

I'm wondering if the future 128GB SSD version of the Twist will offer better actual battery life (closer to the 7 hours claimed) than the current model in stores which only offers the 500GB Hard Disk + 24GB SSD as the storage system.  

Another option would be for Lenovo to offer a larger internal battery with the Twist (Twist 2.0?).

I agree that the current model of the Twist doesn't cut it battery life wise.  It's why I cancelled my order for it and am still watching the Windows 8 tablet/laptop product choices with interest.

marcbollinger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,708
Message 27 of 188

I'm gonna take the plunge and just buy an ssd for the twist and see what the impact truly is on the battery. I'll report back.

Former Employee
Views: 4,689
Message 28 of 188

Hi all,

Just to give an update, the teams are still looking into this matter and they have not provided any results as of yet. Please do bear with me for the next few days and I'll provide more feedback in the next few days.

Regards

trharbo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,591
Message 29 of 188

I too am very disappointed with the battery life, I am only getting at the most 3 hours of battery life and that is only using excel and onenote, no internet, games, videos, etc... Really really disappointing. I didn't expect the full 7 hours but to boast 7 hours of battery life and only get 3...

I probably won't buy Lenovo products again, this was my first and probably last unless they can address the battery issue.

amalnapier
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,544
Message 30 of 188

I think am lucky, I getting more than 6 hours at 40% screen brightness and turned of auto brightness.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors