Message 81 of 188

Re: ThinkPad Twist Battery Life

NINE, thank you for the update!

EricKit
Serial Port
Views: 4,014
Message 82 of 188

NINE, thank you!  I kept my laptop due to all the great features and look forward to this problem being solved!

pauliwago
What's DOS?
Views: 3,825
Message 83 of 188

I just bought one from staples online and it's coming on Friday....was debating between a MacBook and this and chose the lenovo, but with such a short battery life, I'm going to have to return it....I really really want to keep it and not have to go thru the whole return process, but while its nice that lenovo is keeping us updated, they really haven't given us any details about how they're approaching the problem besides "we're working on it". For over a month now.
Tenchuu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,717
Message 84 of 188

Heads up guys, with a SSD you are looking at 5+ hours of burn time. I replaced my HD with a samsung 840 pro 128GB drive, then turned off bluetooth windows toggle , adobe updater, lenovo hotspots, tpshocks (since i have a ssd anyways) bluetooth.lmk and Akamai NetSession Interface and now i get over 5 hours of use (predicted after one full draw down) at about 50% brightness and wifi connected all the time. this is jsut my use and finding that the predictor works pretty well. before these i was getting 3.5-4 hours of use out of it.

cliff notes:
turnoff bluetooth
get a power minded SSD
tunrn off the tp shocks program
turn off any useless updater or standby software

get around 5 hours of battery life.

currently on power saver plan @89% left with 4 hours and 52 min predicted.

nbelote
Token Ring
Views: 3,315
Message 85 of 188

Bump in hopes that Lenovo has more information.

mdifilm
Punch Card
Views: 3,113
Message 86 of 188

I just got myself the Crucial 521gb ssd 7mm drive, it was easy to do the swap as I got the one with the cable adaptors to transfer the files. Once it was transfered (3 hours later), unscrew the one screw, pop the HD out and switched it with the SSD and put it all back. Boot it up, it seems faster, maybe 5-10 seconds faster right now (I believed it is still new).

Battery life wise, seems to varies, the meter said 4:30pm remaining, and then at one point it said something like 2:30 hours remaining, I am sure it has a lot to do with whatever the machine is working, I'll report back later.

The machine isn't as warm as it was with the HDD either, so that's a plus as well.

My concern with the battery life with technical support has been escalated to TIER 2 however, due to the fact it is already over my 14 days return with Staples, I am just getting annoyed that after 30 days, I haven't really hear much about resolutions from Lenovo Smiley Sad (I got my Twist on Oct 31). It just saying it's being checked upon, that's it.

I also noticed new drivers available at the site, installed and not doing much of difference...

I hope Lenovo is listening, it's been a while and I would love to hear what's going on...

bwu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,863
Message 87 of 188

Bump. Any update from Lenovo?
Tenchuu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,808
Message 88 of 188

I opted for the Samsung 840 pro since it is supposed to use the least amount of power of any of the new drives. I also had the msata drive removed. I am consistently getting around 5 hours but under 6 on the laptop. since i am not using the msata i am thinking i will take it out and see what that does.

also the boot up times on mine are roughly at 7-9 seconds from the time i hit the power button to the time i can start typing in mail.

EricKit
Serial Port
Views: 2,627
Message 89 of 188

Bump

disco_fever
Punch Card
Views: 2,575
Message 90 of 188

Using the msata as the boot drive (and having it as the only drive in the system).  I am consistently getting just over 6 hours of life. I also turned off Lenovo hotspot.  I am not sure Lenovo can do anything else.  Looking at the Task Manager, you can see what programs are taking CPU cycles.  If you are not using anything that is working in the background, turn it off there.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors