cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobingerBueble
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad Yoga 03/15, Win10: Trackpoint randomly stops recognising movement, buttons still working

Hello,

on my ThinkPad Yoga (version 03/2015) with Win10 pro (latest updates installed) the Trackpoint randomly stops to move the cursor. The issue can be present right after booting or occur anytime, even running the device multiple hours without experiencing any problems is not uncommon.

However, the three buttons still work properly when pressed. The same holds for the touchpad, an external mouse and any input via touchscreen (finger and pen). So, it is really "just" about the red rubber point itself.

Sometimes suspending to RAM solves the issue for a short time. The problem seems to occur slightly more often when running on battery but I am not fully sure about that.

Furthermore, only the Trackpoint of the ThinkPad itself is affected, I have not experienced this for the Trackpoint of my external ThinkPad Compact Keyboard

I have the latest UltraNav drivers from the Lenovo website installed, version 19.0.17.22. Of course, I have taken out the rubber and checked for dust.

The only thing left would be to try reproducing the issue using a Linux Live system but this is hard to do due to it occuring randomly.

Does anyone have any guesses? Does this sound like a driver issue or something hardware related (some sort of loose contact or the like: Sometimes it seems that movement of the device causes the failure of the TrackPoint)? I feel a little reluctant to have replaced the mainboard on spec but I do not know what else to do.

Thanks in advance.

Guru
Views: 361
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 03/15, Win10: Trackpoint randomly stops recognising movement, buttons still workin

Hi BobingerBueble

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your Thinkpad? it maybe be something long like "20DM008UUS".

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

BobingerBueble
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 03/15, Win10: Trackpoint randomly stops recognising movement, buttons still workin

Hello martiniturbide,

there you go: 20DK-S01D00

By the way: I tried the latest drivers from the Synaptics website (19.0.19.1) now but they did not solve the problem.

Regards!

ch1z
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 282
Message 4 of 5

I'm also having the same problem which started around last week of February. Same issue - trackpoint suddenly stops working but the buttons work and is the trackpad. Mouse properties shows TouchStyk tab with "Pointing Stick on SMB Port" detected. I'm using driver version 19.0.19.1 on Windows 10. Machine is Thinkpad Yoga 20C0001KUS.

My Lenovo laptops: 1) Thinkpad W541, 2) Thinkpad Yoga S1, 3) Thinkpad Edge, 4) Lenovo G770, 5) Thinkpad X61T, 6) Thinkpad T42
ch1z
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 259
Message 5 of 5

@ch1z wrote:

I'm also having the same problem which started around last week of February. Same issue - trackpoint suddenly stops working but the buttons work and is the trackpad. Mouse properties shows TouchStyk tab with "Pointing Stick on SMB Port" detected. I'm using driver version 19.0.19.1 on Windows 10. Machine is Thinkpad Yoga 20C0001KUS.

I forgot to mention I replaced my button-less trackpad with the version that has the physical trackpoint buttons and I think I got this issue resolved with the post on this thread.

My Lenovo laptops: 1) Thinkpad W541, 2) Thinkpad Yoga S1, 3) Thinkpad Edge, 4) Lenovo G770, 5) Thinkpad X61T, 6) Thinkpad T42

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors