cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TidalWave
Token Ring
Views: 267
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga 12 - keyboard sometimes not re-activated after exiting tent mode?

I have a Thinkpad Yoga 12 model.

It is using Windows 10.

What is the driver/software I should check to make sure I'm running the latest version for the equivalent of what used to be called "Transitions"?  Basically something that recognizes various keyboard configurations such as tablet mode, tent mode, etc. and appropriately disables or re-enables the keyboard?

Two things happened last night as I was playing a game in tent mode:

- firstly I could not get the screen to rotate 180 degrees when I switched from tablet mode to normal laptop mode by rotating the keyboard and flipping to normal orientation.  So everything was displayed upside-down.

- the keyboard was unresponsive, but I could use the touch screen fine and use the Windows button under the screen to get to the Start menu.  

So basically somehow something stopped responsing that should have told the system that I flipped the laptop from tent mode to normal mode and also rotated the keyboard forward.

Guru
Views: 232
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 12 - keyboard sometimes not re-activated after exiting tent mode?

Hi TidalWave.

I'm also not sure which are the drivers that manage the rotation.

I generally install "Lenovo Settings" which asks to also install "Thinkpad Settings Dependency". 

I also saw some users that said that installed " Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver" solved some of their issues about auto-rotation the screen.

But I still haven't found it for sure.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

TidalWave
Token Ring
Views: 215
Message 3 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 12 - keyboard sometimes not re-activated after exiting tent mode?

Thank you--I've had a look at all the suggestions, and they don't seem to be what I'm looking for, unfortunately Smiley Sad

The Intel INtegrated Sensor Solution Driver is not available for my version of Thinkpad Yoga 12.  

The Lenovo Settings / Thinkpad Settings Dependency are for the mobile / Windows store Lenovo apps.  Not actual drivers, it appears.

There's a Sensor driver package that I can see in Device Manager with the driver date of 2009, and that appears to be the latest available version.  

In the past when I had a Yoga 2 Pro laptop, there was proprietary software Transitions, but perhaps now Windows 10 integrates all the sensor information and does keyboard and screen rotation control on its own.

Guru
Views: 186
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Do you want to give it a try to "DriverEasy" (not supported by Lenovo) to see if their driver database it shows you something that can give you some hints?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors