cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRealTungsten
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga 12 solid light for 4 seconds on boot and then nothing.

Hey there, everyone.

I've got this 2 year old ThinkPad Yoga 12 that was working fine one day, and then won't boot at all the next. No screen activity, no backlight on keyboard, nothing except for a solid light on the "i" and then nothing. I've tried taking out both batteries, I've tried all kinds of combos of power button pushing, and I tried the reset switch. That caused the light to blink three times and now it's not doing anything. It does blink when I put the power cord in.

Is my mobo borked, or is there something I haven't tried?

Thank you!!!

Guru
Views: 275
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 12 solid light for 4 seconds on boot and then nothing.

Hi

Sorry, but it sounds like bad news to me. You already did the common steps trying to make it boot again, remove the battery and the reset pin hole. I guess it does not show any Thinkpad Logo on the screen, right?

I also guess you have no HDD activity too, can you hear it starting to spin ?

Other idea that I saw on some other forums post, since you opened the machine, is to check that you didn't displaced any cables inside. If there is any aisolated tape check also behind it that there is no any loose cable.

I think this is a more hardware related issue. The easy way will be to contact Lenovo Support so they can tell you how much it will cost to get fixed (If you are not under extended warranty).

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors