Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason1029
What's DOS?
Views: 447
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad Yoga 14 (20DM) - Shuts down hard when moved or hold on right corner

Hi there

I have a Yoga 14" Ultrabook and it will shut itself off when you move it also (with lid open) hold it near the thinkpad logo on the right side.

I have taken the keyboad and bottom off and could not find any loose connections or damage. 

Any ideas? Been searching internet with no luck. is it a SSD thing maybe it thinks it's being dropped?

Any help would be great 

thanks

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Guru
Views: 395
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga Shuts down hard when moved or hold on right corner

Lenovo ThinkPads has a feature where it would turn off the hard drive when it detects it's being dropped. But I don't think that's present on SSDs because they don't rely on mechanical platers. I'd suggest getting the unit repaired with Lenovo. 

Visit http://support.lenovo.com 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 377
Message 3 of 5

@jason1029 wrote:

Hi there

I have a Yoga 14" Ultrabook 

Good day.

Please confirm your specific model so that we can be sure you're post is in the proper forum. If you would post the model number usually from the underside (no serial number, please), that would be helpful.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

jason1029
What's DOS?
Views: 363
Message 4 of 5

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14 (20DM) - Shuts down hard when moved or hold on right corner

Hi There

It's a 

20DM
Machine info
Processor: Intel Core i5-4210U Processor(i5-4210U): : Memory: 8GB PC3-.
Operating System
Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thanks

Seems to only do this on battery with slight movement.
richardamoedo
What's DOS?
Views: 279
Message 5 of 5

Lenovo has known this for a long time and you better discover it before your warranty runs out because they will not honor anything about this issue. My laptop has at least 4 points on it that cause it to shut off. Doesn't matter if I'm moving it from desk to desk, to my briefcase or actually trying to use it as a tablet becasue it's so sensitive it's almost useless. 

This has been my worst computer purchase in 26 years. I'm really shocked. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors