Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hanna13
Paper Tape
Views: 502
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga 14 BIOS/ Intel Firmware Update installation

Hello,

I was recently prompted to install the following updates but I am unsure as to what they mean and if it is absolutely necessary/recommended to install them. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

Edit: My BIOS update also asked me to choose from two options: Update BIOS or Update Model number.  I have updated neither as I am unsure what it means and why I see that message. Can someone please tell me what it means? Thank you. 

groovyKimo
Punch Card
Views: 453
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14 BIOS/ Intel Firmware Update installation

Hi

If you don't have any hardware related problems to fix, ignore it. If yes, check the read me file if there's a fix for your particular problem before installing.

Lenovo companion killed my laptop (no Win10 boot) with the last bios update, still looking for a fix.

Not touching a running system seems wise still.

Changing Update Model number is just like changing car numbers. Does nothing more than that.

Yayman123
What's DOS?
Views: 436
Message 3 of 4

The BIOS update for my Yoga 14 managed to break it and think it's a Yoga 460! Now it's reported as a Yoga 460, even in the Lenovo Companion, etc.

No idea what to do. Both models are extremely similar, but now I have this weird mismatch of a Yoga 460 with a serial number for a Yoga 14! HELP.

groovyKimo
Punch Card
Views: 429
Message 4 of 4

@Yayman

Wrong model number should have no effect on functionality or anything. If you bother with it, you can run bios update programm and change model number back to what it was without flashing new software into the bios. But if it works and you aren't tech-savy, just leave it, I'd say.

Top Kudoed Authors