Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga 14 - Digitizer Pen

I've seen several threads about this issue, but none that address my specific concern.
I have a ThinkPad Yoga 14. It did not come with a digitizer pen included. However, I suspect that the screen does in fact have a Wacom digitizer layer. My rationale is this:
  1. My computer came pre-installed with the Wacom Pen Calibration Software
  2. Device Manager reports the following HID devices:
    -- HID-compliant digitizer
    -- HID-compliant pen
    -- Wacom Device
  3. When I run the Wacom Hardware Check (available here), it reports "You have hardware compatible with the Wacom FEEL driver."
  4. All of the 20DM008 models listed at support the active pen (I cannot find the 20DM008U++ model there for some reason)
However, the computer will not recognize the ThinkPad digitizer pen I purchased.
So, I suppose I have three questions:
  1. Am I just misinterpreting what I am seeing in the Device Manager?
  2. Is it possible that Lenovo installs the Wacom screen on all it's tablets, but disables them somehow on models not marketed as digitizer ready?
  3. If so, is there any way for me to enable my screen to allow for digitizer use?
ThinkPad Yoga 14 (Type 20DM, 20DN) 20DM008UUS
Intel Core i5-5200U Processor (2.20GHz), 8.0GB RAM, 1x1TB SATA III,1x16GB SATA, Windows 8.1 64, 14.0in 1920x1080 Multitouch, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 2GB Graphic, TrackPoint with TouchPad, Intel Wireless 7265 (2x2) AC, Bluetooth 4.0, 4 Cell Li-Polymer
Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14 - Digitizer Pen

Good day.

Looking at the models that support pen at the PSREF link you included, please notice that it specifies "Active Pen". This is not the same as the ThinkPad Digitizer Pen. That's why it won't work for you.

You need the newer, AAAA battery-powered Active Pen. Apologies, but I don't have a link for it.

Edit to add: Have a look at this -
Please see the Compatibility section for important info.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Top Kudoed Authors