cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludovicfd
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga 14 - The Fan keeps on turning on even if the computer is not working

Hello,

I'm having trouble since I recieved my LENOVO ThinkPad Yoga 14 two months ago.
It is on guarantee.

I've noticed that the master fan keeps starting even if the computer is not working at full capacity. Sometimes, it starts right after windows as finished booting! And it's a brand new computer, Intel i7 CPU and 8GO of RAM!

The fan keeps working then even if I'm only surfing on the internet or working on word.

It's REALLY annoying. I feel like this is already an old computer by it's blowing. My old computer, a 5 years old Toshiba Satellite, doesn't blow so much.

I've searched over the web and found that LENOVO had released a new UEFI Bios that was suposed to fix this problem. I've installed it and nothing changed! The fan kept on turning on for nothing else than a gmail home page.

I've already asked about another problem on the ThinkPad Yoga 14. It's about a background noise on the built in speakers. Here's the link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Background-noise-on-ThinkPad-Yoga-14-bu...

I'm not having a good experience with this Yoga 14. I was looking for professional quality and it is not.

Can someone tell me if they have the same problems?

What LENOVO is going to do about it?

Thanks.
Ludovic.

Guru
Views: 331
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14 - The Fan keeps on turning on even if the computer is not working

Hi ludovicfd

Can you please post the full model number of you machine and which Windows version are you using?.

For example my TP Yoga 14 is "20DM008UUS" and I didn't experienced those issues.  I'm guessing that your machine fan is blowing too much and making huge noise. In my case I can feel more the hard drive noise than the fan, it is not like the HDD is "that loud", but when you are on a quiet enviroment you can feel it "scrattching".

Do you want to try first updating any firmware / BIOS on your machine at the latest level ? After that another alternative will be to try to update the driver for the chipset and power.

The basic thing for me is to try to update the drivers and firmware this way:

- Windows Update

- Lenovo System Update

- Lenovo Companion

and after that search manually for updates on the Lenovo Support site with your specific model number.

Sorry, it is trial and error to see if a driver can fix your issue.

If after updating the drivers, you think it is hardware issue you should try to contact Lenovo's Customer Support site

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

peterdrastrup
What's DOS?
Views: 149
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14 - The Fan keeps on turning on even if the computer is not working

I have the exact same problem!
My laptop is only 6 days old.

Im sitting right beside a open window and there is snow outside, so pretty cold. I just turned on my laptop and it starts blowing cold air, before I even open any programs.

Did you find a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors