Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 505
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga 14: issues after Windows 10 upgrade

My Thinkpad Yoga 14 is now basically a standalone CPU, and not a laptop/tablet since my Windows 10 upgrade.  The speakers did not work -- that was easy to fix.  The keyboard on the laptop will not work, and the tablet will not rotate.  I have tried so many suggestions to fix it, but it is now rendered just a cpu with external keyboard, mouse and monitor.  This is very disappointing.  Any ideas on how to fix the keyboard and tablet rotation features?

Moderator note:  post moved to its own thread. Subject edited to match content.  Was:  Re: Thinkpad yoga 14 recovery partition

dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 14: issues after Windows 10 upgrade

So, after 4 days of trying to solve this, including 3 hours on with Microsoft Support, I solved the problem.

There was a Synaptics Driver under Mice and other Pointing Devices.  I uninstalled the driver and deleted it.  After the reboot, the keyboard and touchpad on the laptop started working again!   While I am glad to have my laptop back, I still don't have the Yoga rotation (tent mode, or rotate to portrait) back, even after selecting tablet mode.  Has anyone stumbled on a solution for that?

Thanks!

dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 3 of 4

So Lenovo will not help solve this problem, even after Microsoft gave up, and told me it was a "manufacturer problem".  The email from support told me to drop the machine off at a depot for billable service.  What good is hardware that will no longer work as designed with subsequent windows upgrades?  Advice to Yoga owners -- DON'T UPGRADE WINDOWS IF YOU ARE NOT UNDER WARRANTY!  Advice to Non-Yoga owners -- buy a MAC!

dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 421
Message 4 of 4

RESOLUTION as per Lenovo support -- THIS MACHINE CANNOT BE UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. THEY ARE SENDING A WINDOWS 8.1 RECOVERY DISK.
Top Kudoed Authors