Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbarton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,532
Message 11 of 18

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 15 Intel Wireless AC 7265

Problem has come back but it is not due to Silverlight. If you are facing similar issues you can pick up the trail at the link below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-networking/silverlight-install-affecting...
rbarton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,520
Message 12 of 18

I ended up doing a manual re-install of the wifi driver (same version) and now the system seems to be working and stable. There may be a problem with the original Lenovo system image.

rbarton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,460
Message 13 of 18

Unfortunately the problems have continued. Hope I am just unlucky with a faulty WiFi card and can get a warranty replacement. Would be nice to know if anyone has got a Yoga 15 with a working Intel 7265.

rbarton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,427
Message 14 of 18

Machine is back from support and working! Support found a loose connection to the wifi card. Hope that is the end of the problem.

Homtron
Paper Tape
Views: 1,406
Message 15 of 18

I'm afraid I might have to follow that route too, also for my network adapter, but because the Bluetooth functionality is completely absent... was your Bluetooth working fine?

rbarton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,400
Message 16 of 18

Bluetooth was fine for me so probably a different problem.
Libor-K
What's DOS?
Views: 1,265
Message 17 of 18

I was suffering with my wi-fi connection for two weeks since I bought my notebook....I tried many times update driver through device manager in windows and it always said that my drivers are up to date!  ..so for 2 weeks I was blaming my router and I was trying lot of changes in my router, but after your comment

"Have you tried the Intel WLAN drivers in stead of the win drivers ?" 

...so after reading this I decided to visit intel website and I was shocked that my wifi driver is not up to date at all as my windows stated before!!! ...so I downloaded intel driver and since then my wifi is super fast!!!!

thank you!!! Smiley Happy

Libor

footballfanz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,061
Message 18 of 18

I have the same problem on the Yoga 15 that I ordered in December 2015, with the AC 7265 adaptor.  The network connection drops unexpectedly along with the Bluetooth connectivity.  Only way to fix it was to reboot.  Then I noticed in the Event Viewer a "Netwtw02" event 5010 that originated with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.  I toggled off the power management for the Intel adaptor in Device manager - that did nothing.  The wifi connection still goes off every few hours.  Then, someone mentioned that they tested the speed using a wireless mouse (download speed 29 Mbps) vs using a bluetooth mouse, and noticed a huge drop off in speed when using bluetooth mouse (download speed 12 Mbps), which suggests this Intel adaptor cannot handle both wifi and bluetooth at the same time.

Did a search on "intel ac 7265 problems" and got lots of hits.  I went to an Intel driver update website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/) which told me my drivers are not up-to-date, so I updated them.  Repeat the speed test again and now I have full speed even with the bluetooth mouse.  Hopefully this fixes the issue but I will monitor for another week and report back any issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors