cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElCarlosCZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 501
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga 20CD0038MC - Disconnecting Ethernet and switching to WiFi with OneLink Pro Dock

Hello,

a year ago I bough Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 20CD0038MC with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and also OneLink Pro Dock. 

Because Yoga has't own Ethernet adapter I connected cable to OneLink Pro Dock. Unfortunatelly it disconnect cable (and switch to WiFI) many times during each day. Everytime it takes only second and than cable was normally connected, but this destroyed every work which depends on stable connection (e.g. streamed webinars). Sometimes disconnection occurs once per day, sometimes 10x per day. 

So I bough also original Lenovo USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter and connect it directly to USB port on Yoga - the same problem. So I decided that OneLink Pro Dock itself is fine and problem has to be in Yoga. 

Approx. 2 months ago, disconnection time starts growing and sometimes I spend whole day only on WiFi. Two weeks ago, after last diconnection Ethernet don't get back and now I'm on WiFi only over two weeks. 

I checked 

- Ethernet port on OneLink Pro Dock - both LEDs working and shows some traffic

- Devices in Windows 8.1 - there is only wireless adapter (and bluetooth adapter), but in LENOVO support is not any new drivers for Ethernet, only one adding support of wake-on-lan. I installed it anyway. 

- when I turn off WiFi adapter, I'm without connection - LAN doesn't return

- I found new drivers for OneLink Pro Dock, but when I attempt to install it, get error message that system doesn't find any OneLInk Dock :-/ (it shows me it on one of two monitors what I have connected to dock)

- I take my Yoga together with OneLink Dock to my home and connect it to different network - problem shows also here

Can somebody help me? I'm starting ot be out of ideas.

shlarm
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 20CD0038MC - Disconnecting Ethernet and switching to WiFi with OneLink Pro Dock

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having similar problems right now. After updating the driver, the OneLink Pro's ethernet isn't even showing up in the device manager...

groovyKimo
Punch Card
Views: 222
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 20CD0038MC - Disconnecting Ethernet and switching to WiFi with OneLink Pro Dock

Just a quick post, I'm tired of all this issues. I post this at several places. Lenovo seem's to be to big to fail...

However, when I connect a Aureon Dual USB Audio device to the dock, it stbilizes the network connection in a big way -- it becomes usable again. Found out by accident. Guessing any audio dongle could work.

I haven't checked if it's because it downgrades USB 3 to USB 2, or whatever. The question is: When an audio dongle can fix the problem, why Lenovo cannot?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors