Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljclai
What's DOS?
Views: 3,527
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga 260 Touchscreen removed

I recently decided to use my Wacom Graphics tablet with my Yoga 260. After all the necessary drivers were installed for the Graphics tablet. The touchscreen on the laptop seems to have disappeared, where it had worked perfectly beforehand. I went through the Device Manager and settings and the computer says that there is no longer any touch screen support. I am using Windows 10 and was really hoping that I could use both the computer and the Graphics tablet together. Can somebody please help or give me a way of enabling my touchscreen?

Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 3,513
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 260 Touchscreen removed

Hi

Can you please post the full machine model number of you Thinkpad ? And also which Wacom tablet are you using externally?

I have TP Yoga 14 that has a Wacom touch screen and I have a Wacom Bamboo at home. I will try tonight to see if when I connect the Wacom external tablet it disconects my touch screen.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Views: 3,501
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I just tried my TP Yoga 14 (20DM008UUS) and an older Wacom Bamboo tablet (CTL-470 ).

The touch screen and the Wacom are working fine without any conflict. I even have the Thinkpad Pro Pen and keeps working fine on the Monitor.

Maybe, if you post your Thinkpad full model number we can update some of the drivers to see if this issue improves.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Former Employee
Views: 3,026
Message 4 of 4

Ljclai,

Lenovo released a touchscreen firmware that resolves customer reports of intermittent touchscreen function on X1 Yoga ThinkPads. Since the Yoga 260 shares the same touch controller as the X1 Yoga, Think Engineering believes the same touchscreen firmware will resolve your issue.

This firmware can be downloaded here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Type-20FQ-and-20FR-Touchscreen-Firmwa...

The touchscreen settings can be found following this procedure:

1. Open “Device Manager”
  2. Navigate to option “Human Interface Devices”, then expand to find “HID-compliant touch screen”.
  3. Right-click “HID-compliant touch screen” to click "Disable” 

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors