Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ced2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,788
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga 370: Micro SD slot not working

Hi all, I've just taken ownership of the ThinkPad Yoga 370 and suspect that the Micro SD slot is faulty. 

Basically, the card gets sticker into the slot once pushed in and it'll take a long time to slowly pull out the card from the slot. Also, the notebook doesn't detect the card when it's in. 

Im pretty sure I got the right side of the card into the slot. 

Can anyone confirm if the slot is suppose to eject the card with a "spring" motion? Cause I don't have that, that's why it's sticker. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,739
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370: Micro SD slot not working

Hello and welcome,

I have a pre-production '370.  The uSD card does click in and click out.  It isn't very strong but it does emerge a few mm on its own.  The label of the card is up.

I have noticed some difference between card vendors in my TP Yogas in how strong the click is.  Can't really say if yours is faulty.

Can you try a different card?  You're using the uSD slot and not the SIM slot?  (sorry... had to ask...) Mine doesn't have a SIM slot so I don't know if that's even possible.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Ced2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,727
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370: Micro SD slot not working

Hi, mine is a combo port ( micro SD TOP and SIM tray BOTTOM). Yep, I got he label on the card facing up before inserting and nope the spring motion is basically non existent.

I've not try another card since I only have that. But I did plug in an external card reader and use the same card, it works perfectly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors